I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award!
Thank you so much Pamela Kranz over at Desktop Learning Adventures for nominating me!!!
1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
2. Post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator.
4. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
5. Choose 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers and link to them on this post.
Okay...11 random things about me...
1. My favorite color is fuchsia.
2. When I was in college I went to a KISS concert.
3. This is my 32nd year teaching.
4. I love picking up shells on Sanibel Island.
5. I love to read!
6. I am a shopaholic.
7. One of my favorite restaurants is The Old Mill in Pigeon Forge Tennessee.
8. I love the Broadway play Wicked!
9. My oldest daughter is a high school science teacher and my youngest daughter is majoring in Early Childhood Ed!
10. My husband is a retired UGA faculty member.
11. I am an original Star Trek fan...Live long and prosper...
Next are Pamela's questions for me:
1. Would you rater play sports or watch them? I love to watch football!
2. Is teaching your first or second career? Teaching is my first career.
3. There's been a lot of talk about this- MAC or PC? I love my iPhone and iPad, but I am a PC person.
4. Are you an introvert or extrovert? Most defiantly an introvert!
5. What is your favorite way to relax? Reading a good book on the beach, or reading a good book while rocking on the back porch of a cabin in the mountains...or just reading a good book.
6. What/where is the best vacation you've ever taken? I love vacationing in South Florida in the summer. Sanibel Island, Fort Myers Beach, and Bonita Beach all hold special memories for my family.
7. If you woke up tomorrow and there were no more schools and you could do anything you wished, what would you do? I would love to travel the world...but that would be kind of hard...I really hate flying!
8. What are you listening to right now? I really like Phillip Phillips.
9. Considering birth order, where are you in the chain of command? I am the oldest child married to an oldest child. My oldest daughter is about to marry an oldest son. My youngest daughter is dating a youngest son. Hmmm....what's up with birth order?
10. What is the best part of your job? The best part is knowing that I am making a difference in someone's life. It's the greatest feeling to be stopped by a slightly familiar face asking if you remember them. Just today in a reading seminar I saw someone that looked familiar. She was a former 2nd grade student of mine that is now a 1st grade teacher.
11. Would your rather go to a movie or a play? I would rather go to a play, but those are few and far between. The last movie I saw was The Hobbit.
My 11 questions for my nominees:
1. What are you reading now?
2. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
3. Do you like cats, dogs, or both?
4. Would you rather build a snowman or a sandcastle?
5. What was the last concert you went to?
6. Who is your favorite singer or group?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. What person living or dead would you like to have lunch with?
9. Why did you become a blogger?
10. What was your favorite subject in high school and why?
11. Have you ever met anyone famous? If yes, who?
And now for my nominees...
Hmmm...I think I'm going to do a little blog hopping and get back to you with my nominees very soon!